Oy PUMPPULOHJA Ab was founded in 1991. It was established from the pump divison of Oy Lohja Ab. through MBO-acquisition. The manufacturing of pumps was started after acquisition of a company called Isku Metalli as early as on the 50´s in premises of the Lohja Lime factory in Virkkala.
The manufacturing of pressure vessels for Pump aggregates was started in Virkkala in 1980. In the year 1988 OyLohja Ab purchased from Hanko the pressure vessel manufacturer Oy Södermanin Konepaja Ab. Its production facilities were transferred to Virkkala and combined with the pump manufacturing plant there.
In the year 1991 the production and marketing of the above products were taken over by PUMPPULOHJA, which started its operations in rented premises in Virkkala.
In 1993 Oy Pumppulohja Ab purchased own premises comprising 3500 m² of production space in Saukkola of Nummi-Pusula municipality.
As the production expanded additional 1500 m² of production space was acquired from the neighbouring lot In the same year a daughter company named Oy Watman Ab, which specializes in water treatment solutions, was founded. Its domicile is also in Saukkola.